Instructor: Ed Quigley
- Submit midterms
- Project: Submit Group Rosters and broad project selection
- Old Papers
- Tonight's Path: Chapter 15, then (optional) How to Build a website in 30 minutes
Chapter 15: Systems Development
Developing a New IS within a planned framework.
We develop new S-IS's in response to: an opportunity, a problem, or a directive.
SDLC: Systems Development Life Cycle, Fig. 15.1
- Tech Feasibility Study
- Economic Feasibility Study
- Operational Feasibility Study
- Requirements Definition
- Logical Design.
Data Flow Diagrams p.452
- Physical Design
- System Testing
- Cold Turkey / Cutover
- Pilot Conversion
- Support. (Maintenance, Debugging, Updating). 80% of expense
Analysis Precedes Design!
You need Requirements to know if you've built it!
- An Alternative to SDLC
- reiterative rather than linear
- much faster
- works with poorly expressed requirements
- 4GL language
- RAD = rapid application development